The ROTOS Foundation is one of the three branches of OT-Europe. Whilst the practice and education OT-Europe branches are well established, ROTOS is at a more nascent stage however over the last four years the ROTOS Committee, now the Foundation Board, have formulated the vision, objective aim and ambitions. A strategic plan was developed in 2020 for the work of the ROTOS Foundation over the next 3 years.
Improving European citizens’ lives through occupation centred research and science by having one strong voice for occupational therapy and occupational science research.
That knowledge from Occupational Therapy and Occupational Science research will be appropriately used to inform and shape European policy and practice, through the establishment of a strong European profile of Occupational Therapy and Occupational Science researchers, that both strengthens occupation-centred knowledge generation and supports access to this knowledge for the benefit for all Europeans.
1. Establish occupation as powerful knowledge domain
To use current research and evidence, and supporting development of further research, by bringing together established researchers and encouraging a strong voice regarding Occupational Therapy research at all levels.
2. Use occupational therapy and occupational science research outcomes for advocacy and to influence policy development.
To develop research leaders confident in promoting the outcomes of Occupational Therapy, Occupational Science and interdisciplinary occupation-centred research as beneficial to the lives and occupational wellbeing of individuals and communities.
3. To build strong collaborations to achieve the ROTOS Foundation’s vision.
To achieve a sustainable ROTOS Foundation and create a strong research community linking researchers to practitioners, educators and other researchers, through facilitating working across boundaries in the European context.
- Alison Laver-Fawcett (Chair)
- Daphne Kos (Secretary)
- Niall Turner (Lead for funding and website)
- Panagiotis Siaperas (Link to ENOTHE Board)
- Naomi Hankinson (Link to COTEC Committee)
- Sasa Radic (Communications)
- Anne Lawson-Porter (2016 – 2017)
- Esther Steultjens (2016 – 2021)
Relationship of ROTOS with OT-Europe
- Statement of principle: ROTOS is an equal partner in OT-Europe with ENOTHE and COTEC. The elected chair and vice chair will be members of the OT-Europe Executive Committee.
- The ROTOS Foundation is a registered charity in the Netherlands, KVK Number 77629779. It operates in line with the charity regulations of The Netherlands and other best practice guidelines for charitable organisations. The treasurer can be contacted at email@example.com. The postal address for ROTOS is Orteliuslaan 750, 3528 BB Utrecht, The Netherlands.