Today on the 11th March 2020 ROTOS became The ROTOS Foundation, a official research charity registered in The Netherlands.
- The ROTOS standing committee meet regularly via skype and have two face to face meetings per year.
- A presentation was delivered at Occupational Science Europe (OSE) Conference (2017-09-8/9, Hildesheim Germany)
- A presentation was delivered at the European Network of Occupational Therapists in Higher Education (ENOTHE) 23rd Annual Meeting (2017-10-25/27, Zagreb Croatia)
- An abstract accepted for Oral Presentation at 2018 Royal College of Occupational Therapy Conference
- A paper outlining the ROTOS aim, objectives and terms of reference was presented and approved at both the ENOTHE & COTEC General Assemblies in 2017.
As a committee, ROTOS continued the work on establishing a presence within the field of European Occupational Therapy and Occupational Science. We have developed collaborative partnerships with our COTEC and ENOTHE colleagues as well as cooperation with the the Board of Occupational Science Europe. ROTOS also conducted a survey with the National Associations who are members of COTEC to establish where current research activity is taking place.
ROTOS has received a number of invitations to present at conferences (RCOT 2018, ENOTHE 2018, WFOT 2018) and our submitted abstracts have been accepted which is providing the opportunity to discuss ROTOS with clinicians, educators and researchers.
In 2018 ROTOS achieved one of its goals of submitting a COST action for European funding. Over 20 researchers from around Europe worked together on the submission. If successful there will be funding available to run the networking activities that are required to achieve our aim of establishing a Europe wide network of Occupational Therapy researchers. Growth is next step and establishing operating procedures for managing this growth is important step for 2019.
- Complete the process for establishing the ROTOS Foundation.
- Finalise the necessary arrangements for the day-to-day operations of the ROTOS Foundation
- Commence Board meetings through Skype
- Develop a strategic plan
- Submit a revised COST action
- Develop and launch a dedicated ROTOS Foundation website.
- Continue to build database of researchers interested in ROTOS
- Attend policy related meetings in Europe when indicated
- Participate in OT-Europe planning and discuss evolution of ROTOS in
short, medium and long term
- Assist with planning and promotion of COTEC-ENOTHE Congress 2020
- Host a workshop on the ROTOS Foundation at the Congress