The Research in Occupational therapy and Occupational Science (ROTOS) Foundation is one of the three branches of OT-Europe.
However, as the memebers of the Committee as well as COTEC and ENOTHE realsied, the research field need more autonomy and presence in Europe.
After several meetings, emails and decisions makings, ROTOS Foundation is stablished as a Charity in The Netherlands on 11th of March 2020. With the aim of stablishing a strong voice for researchers among Europe, a strategic plan was developed the same year.
Improving European people’s lives through occupation centred research and science by having one strong voice for occupational therapy and occupational science research.
That knowledge from Occupational Therapy and Occupational Science research will be appropriately used to inform and shape European policy and practice, through the establishment of a strong European profile of Occupational Therapy and Occupational Science researchers, that both strengthens occupation-centred knowledge generation and supports access to this knowledge for the benefit for all Europeans.
1. Establish occupation as a powerful knowledge domain
To use current research and evidence, and support the development of further research, by bringing together occupational therapy and occupational science researchers and encouraging a strong voice at all levels in the research agenda.
2. Use occupational therapy and occupational science research outcomes for advocacy and to influence policy development.
To develop research leaders confident in promoting the outcomes of Occupational Therapy, Occupational Science and interdisciplinary occupation-centred research as beneficial to the lives and occupational wellbeing of individuals and communities.
3. To build strong collaborations to achieve the ROTOS Foundation’s vision.
To achieve a sustainable ROTOS Foundation and create a strong research community linking researchers to practitioners, educators and other researchers, through facilitating working across boundaries in the European context.
Relationship of ROTOS with OT-Europe
- Statement of principle: ROTOS is an equal partner in OT-Europe with ENOTHE and COTEC. The elected chair and vice chair will be members of the OT-Europe Executive Committee.
- The ROTOS Foundation is a registered charity in the Netherlands, KVK Number 77629779. It operates in line with the charity regulations of The Netherlands and other best practice guidelines for charitable organisations. The postal address for ROTOS is Orteliuslaan 750, 3528 BB Utrecht, The Netherlands.